COVID has once again stopped us from holding the 24HR Fight Against Cancer Fundraising walk in October.
Instead I will be using my exercise time during lockdown to be a part of the Big Blue Cancer Walk – a way for us all to fundraise while staying COVID safe.
MY PLEDGE: Some of you are big walkers …….. me, not so much, but I undertake to walk 100km for Macarthur patients dealing with cancer. I will wear my blue 24HR shirt proudly and will dedicate every 5km for someone in my life that has been taken by cancer, is fighting this disease or supports patients with cancer in Macarthur.
- First 5km are for Elaine – she lived outside our area but was a great supporter, attending every year and holding a fundraising function at her school. Greatly missed.
- 5km-10km for Bill – a special family member who looks out for everyone. A big part of my life.
- 10km-15km for Cheryl and Tony – two fun-loving, family-loving cousins who were taken from us way too soon.
- 15km-20km for Marie and Tracey- Marie co-founded the Youngies Coffee Club and Tracey is the current driving force. Despite their own battles, both of these strong and caring women have been committed to providing support, friendship and lots of laugh to local women dealing with breast cancer. Sadly, we lost Marie in 2013.
100% of every dollar we raise stays here in Macarthur to help the Macarthur Cancer Therapy Centre, the Oncology Ward and the Paediatric Cancer Unit at Campbelltown Hospital and the Palliative Care Unit at Camden Hospital.
You can help by:
* donating to my page
* buying raffle tickets online or from me
* join my team and getting supporters, or
* setting up your own page
Look forward to hearing your plans…..Sue
CaptainSue McGarrity$0.00 raised